Saturday, January 12, 2008

Rotate, zoom, pan with F keys

If you have an I-DEAS background and you're using NX now, this environment setting is definitely for you. Most ex-IDEAS users I've seen complain that (well they complain about a lot of things) the rotate/zoom/pan stuff in NX is 'different'. *

To have the same usability, set UGII_FKEY_DYNAMICS=1, and you'll have the F1, F2, F3, F4 keys working just like they did in I-DEAS: Zoom, rotate, pan, etc.

*: If you haven't used I-DEAS before and you like these, then all I can say is that you've gone to The Dark Side.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work :)

sanirsam blogunuz nx hakkindaki sayili bloglardan

Anonymous said...

How do you change the UGII_FKEY_DYNAMICS setting in Linux?

Hakan Sonmezler said...

I guess the easiest way, independent from the operating system would be modifying the ugii_env.dat file in the UGII folder.

Anonymous said...

I put it in the user's profile and it seems to work. My issue now is that users are running NX through VNC. There is major lag when using the F keys for pan, move, rotate.

Kiko said...

having a real hard time getting this to work (UGII_FKEY_DYNAMICS=1). the software is in a university network - does that have something to do with it?

besides changing it in the file, is there anywhere else i can add the line to?

thanks, kiko

Hakan Sonmezler said...

Kiko,

You can also define this environment variable as follows :

- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Environment variables.
- in user or system variables, create your variable
- restart NX.

Faraday said...

How can we do this Win 7 ? I couldnt fix it. thanx

K.K said...

how to change in ideas 11 nx f1,f2,f3,f4 operations convert to mouse?

reply must plz.. i have tried in my comuter settings and also in ideas setting..

so plz help me.